A great firefighter pocket knife is the Kershaw Cryo 1555ti folding pocket knife. It’s compact, easy to deploy the folding blade with one hand and quality made.
What do firefighters use pocket knives for?
- Cut clothing to help a victim
- Cut car seat belts
- Cut ropes or straps
- Break glass windows
- Cut hair to free victim
- Self defense when needed
Kershaw Cryo 1555ti Pocket Knife Features
- 3.25” high-performance 8Cr13MoV stainless steel blade features excellent toughness, edge retention and corrosion resistance
- Stainless steel handle features SpeedSafe assisted opening with flipper, secure frame lock, 4-position deep-carry pocket clip
- Titanium carbo-nitride coating helps maintain edge and increases blade’s hardness and longevity of blade and handle
- Sleek, rugged-looking; easily carried in pockets, purses, jackets, on belts, or around the neck on a lanyard with pre-drilled attachment point
- Capable companion for any backpacker, hunter, wilderness guide, angler, gardener, or anyone in need of a sturdy everyday pocket carry.
- Low Price
I bought the Kershaw Cryo 1555ti pocket knife after my Benchmade Griptilian was stolen. I wasn’t ready to spend $120 for the Griptilian so I went shopping on Amazon.com. I ran across the Cryo and thought it looked kind of cool. So I did some research and then bought one. The price was unbelievably cheap…like $30. I thought it would be a cheapo when I got it but low and behold…when I opened the box, it was quite nice and heavy. It is well made and designed. I love it. I’ve used it for cutting ropes and seat belts and it remains razor sharp. I love the fact that it’s really easy to open the blade with one hand. It’s a great EMT or Firefighter pocket knife. You can’t go wrong with the Kershaw Cryo. Here is a link if you want to get one….buy now at Amazon.com
The best tactical fixed blade, in my opinion, is the Benchmade Adamas 375 fixed blade knife. You can buy this knife here….buy now at Amazon.com
Benchmade Adamas 375 Fixed Blade Tactical Knife Features:
- Quality Materials: D2 stainless steel blade holds an edge exceptionally well. The skeletonized handle reduces weight and allows for paracord wrapping.
- Design: The Adamas 375 is a full-tang fixed blade knife, providing greater strength and reliability than a folding knife. The simplicity of the knife also makes it easy to clean.
- Ergonomics: The 375 is rugged yet comfortable to hold and use. The molded MOLLE-compatible sheath offers security and accessibility.
- Utility: The Adamas 375’s drop-point, utility blade style serves well for a variety of tasks. It features serrations on the spine for tougher tasks like cutting rope or wood.
- Quality Workmanship: Benchmade’s limited Lifetime Warranty and LifeSharp Service keeps your knife in the best condition. If your knife needs repair or sharpening, Benchmade will take care of it. Available for knives purchased from an authorized dealer.
- Competitive Price: $150-$175
Why is the Benchmade Adamas 375 the best fixed blade tactical knife?
Benchmade is a well renowned knife maker and is also a top seller. Their knives are top notch and it would be really tough to find a better made knife at any price. Knives just do not get any better than a Benchmade. I’ve had several Benchmade knives including a Griptilian. They were all fantastic knives and performed extremely well under tough conditions. They remained sharp after years of use but you can send yours off to Benchmade to have it professionally sharpened at any time.
Benchmade knives are not cheap but they are not expensive either. Most of the Benchmade knives are in the $100-$200 range. You can’t go wrong with a Benchmade.