What Are the Best Slim Fit Tactical Pants?
Most tactical pants are pretty baggy. I’ve bought 6 different pairs of tactical pants and most are loose fitting or baggy. Only one pair were considered slim fit tactical pants. Loose fitting is great for freedom of movement like running, climbing and crawling but for looks not that cool.
Tru-Spec 24/7 Guardian Slim Fit Tactical Pants Features
- 65/35 Cotton/Polyester Rip-Stop fabric – this is the best and most durable fabric for tactical pants. It’s tough yet very comfortable to wear all day. Rip-Stop fabric is great for hot weather because it’s lightweight and breathes. It’s fine for cold weather but it won’t keep you warm like 100% cotton.
- Double stitching – this is a must have on tactical pants. It provides over twice the strength of single stitching. You won’t get loose or unraveling hems or pockets coming undone. Double stitching will last for years and years of abuse. You can stuff the cargo pockets full without worrying about the stitching breaking.
- Well designed pockets – 6 huge cargo style pockets for maximum storage. There are 2 cargo pockets on the front pant legs plus the 2 side pockets and then 2 more on the rear. The cargo style pockets are large and can accommodate anything from wallets to firearm magazines to pocket knives and car keys. The Velcro fasteners are super strong and secure the pocket openings tightly. They will not open accidentally.
- Heavy duty fasteners – These are easy to fasten and will last a very long time. They are metal and large enough to grasp easily. You really have to watch out for tactical pants with cheap flimsy zippers. These cheap zippers usually end up with teeth being stripped out and then stop working. Tru-Spec’s zippers are heavy duty metal. They won’t strip out. The front waist fastener is a heavy duty metal snap. I like that. It snaps securely and won’t come undone by accident. It’s very robust.
- Waist is true to size – I bought the 29″ waist and it measures 29″ exactly. Some tactical pants do not. Some are bigger that what they say. It’s important to get a proper fit. I don’t like a baggy waistline.
- Legs are slim fit – the pant legs are a slim cut and fit me perfectly. There is room to move but no bagginess. They look great on me.
- Inexpensive – I have paid upwards of $100 for tactical pants but you don’t need to. 5.11 tactical pants are about $75-$100. They are great but the Tru-Spec are just as good and fit better and cost less than half. I have had both pairs of tactical pants for the same length of time and both look like new pants. The quality is about the same.
- Long lifetime – I have worn and washed the Tru-Spec 24/7 tactical pants many, many, many times and they still look like new. I think I’ve had them for 4 years now.
- Cool in hot weather – I live in Phoenix, Arizona where the summer temperature hits 115 degrees quite often. I have worn the Tru-Spec tactical pants in the summer while bird hunting. They kept my legs cool while walking in the direct sunlight. The breathable fabric really works well.
Tru-Spec 24/7 Guardian Tactical Pants
Here is a link where I bought all of my tactical pants including the Tru-Spec 24/7 Guardian Pants….Buy at Amazon.com
Here’s tip on slim fit tactical pants…if you going to wear them in hot weather buy a lighter color like Khaki. Dark colors like black will get much hotter when the Sun beats on them for any length of time. However if you are going to wear them in cold weather, buy Black. In the sunlight, black pants will warm up nicely.
Tru-Spec 24/7 Tactical Pants Reviews
“I’ve been in law enforcement for over 20 years and we’re allowed to wear tactical pants as part of our uniform. I started out wearing the traditional 5.11’s but they never did fit me right. I’ve tried the Propper but they didn’t seem to fit me right either. One day while looking around in a military/law enforcement surplus store I tried on a pair of the Tru Spec 24/7 and fell in love with them. They fit me perfect. And I love the fact that the crotch doesn’t hang halfway down to your knees.”
“I purchased one pair of these pants and two pairs of the 5.11 Taclite pro pants at the same time to compare which would be better. My main objective was to have pants that I could wear daily and also that would work for carrying my firearm inside the waistband. WIth traditional pants to carry IWB you need to oversize your pants.. so when you are not carrying they are just too big. Both of these brands have an elastic band and to be honest I kine of give TRU-SPEC the win on the elastic for looks. It does not look like an elastic waistband.”
“I’ve been doing a lot of research lately as I’m looking to purchase 3-4 pairs of tactical pants. I ordered one pair of these pants as a “trial run” before I invested all the way. First impressions: These are VERY nice pants. Out of the package they do a good job of beading off water, and the overall layout of the pockets and smaller design features are very nice.“