What are the best EMT cargo pants?
I own and wear 5 different brand EMT cargo pants and my favorite is the Tru-Spec 24/7 tactical pants. I bought them over a year ago and wear them every weekend. I have washed them many times and they still look brand new. I bought them for around $45.00.
So whay are the Tru-Spec 24/7 EMT cargo pants the best?
Here are the reasons
- Materials – 65/35 polyester/cotton Rip-Stop fabric
- Fit – slim fit. They fit me like a glove without being restrictive or too tight.
- Fasteners – heavy duty metal fasteners
- Workmanship – double stitching and flawless fabrication.
- Appearance – look professional and sharp.
- Function – plenty of well designed cargo pockets along with some blind pockets.
- Price – inexpensive at about $45.00
- Durability – worn and washed for about 18 months and still look brand new
Here are the Tru-Spec 24/7 EMT cargo pants right out of the shipping bag. I love these pants! They feel great and are cool in the summer. You just can’t beat these at any price.
Dickies EMT Pants
I never knew Dickies made EMT pants??? Go figure.
Dickies EMT pants are made from 65% polyester and 35% cotton and is a Twill and not Rip-Stop fabric. There is a big difference! Rip-Stop is a special fabric that resists cuts, punctures and tears. It’s almost like Kevlar but not bullet proof. However you may not need Rip-Stop fabric. So consider your needs before buying.
Dickies EMT pants ride just below the waistline. Not quite hip huggers. This is where I wear most of my pants, just below my actual waistline. It’s more comfortable. There is extra room in the seat and legs to allow easy movement like walking, climbing, jumping or running. The legs are a straight cut. The waistband features a triple grip for secure fit. The knees are double reinforced to increase wear durability. There are plenty of cargo pockets to store tools, keys, wallet, cell phone, medical supplies, etc. There is a special tool pocket with snap loops to secure it in place. You’ll really like the permanent crease. No more ironing!
Dickies EMT pants were designed specifically for emergency medical personnel. They retail for under $50. That’s about on par with most EMT pants.